Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Shaelyn is done

Totally love this shawl. I am so happy that it is finished so I can wear it before the weather warms up but I need to start a new project soon or I am likely to cast on for another Shaelyn. It was such a fun and easy knit and when it comes to the yarn, well words fail me. The yarn is Fayola by Mosely Park and it is the richest, deepest purple but I was not able to capture the intensity of the yarn in the photographs.

Because the yarn was so divine I knitted the shawl larger than the pattern because I wanted the shawl to be a large wrap around shawl rather than the small shoulder shawl that the pattern knits to. I worked 6 lace panels and then the edging and the size is perfect. This shawl looks just as lovely scrunched up around the neck and shoulders as it does worn as the traditional shawl look. This is one of my favourite knits.




What's next? I'm waiting on yarn that I ordered online to make the Stripe Study shawl  by Veera Valimaki and I am desperately hoping that it arrives soon. It is a dyed to order yarn so I expected it to take some time to arrive.  The colours I've chosen for that are grey and orange and I can't wait to see what the orange looks like in the real. It's so hard picking colours online when you have no idea at all what the yarn really looks like.

I'm off to snuggle with my new shawl!

Cheers,
Lynda

2 comments:

  1. Wow! It's a stunner, for sure! It's so nice when something turns out just exactly the way we had hoped, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is gorgeous! I cant wait for some cool weather so that I can snuggle with my knits!

    ReplyDelete