Sunday, September 11, 2011

Quick Crafting

Today I finished off the coasters that I have been making using old cds and images. I enjoy using items that would otherwise be thrown out in the rubbish for craft projects and Jeff recently gave me a pile of old cds that he no longer wanted. I new exactly what I was going to do with them. I've wanted to make these for awhile but kept putting it off.

I used some free images found online and also an image from my own clock face.


After resizing the images to fit the cds I glued them on the back and front and sealed the images so they would be suitable to use as a drink coaster and so they could be wiped over for cleaning.


 I love the olde worlde distressed look of the clock faces and I think they make lovely coasters. The photos make the coasters look big but really they are just the right size for a coffee mug.

Cheers,
Lynda






2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Love the clock faces - you come up with the best crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not my idea exactly, these have been done many times over. I just thought I would use my clock face because I have a bit of a thing for old clock faces :)

    ReplyDelete