Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Ooh Excitement Plus

Two weeks ago I placed my first online order for yarn. I was slightly concerned about spending money and my order not actually arriving on my doorstep so I conservatively  ordered two skeins of yarn to test the online company, the length of time the parcel would take to arrive and whether the whole process was cheaper than buying yarn locally. One has to consider the cost of postage and handling especially when buying from overseas.

I'm happy to say that today my yarn arrived safely and from start to finish the whole process was wonderful. The company I chose to use was fabulousyarn.com  and the package took less than 2 weeks to arrive from the U.S .At the checkout I received a discount that was an added surprise. I will definitely be placing another order with this company.


I'm especially happy because the yarn I ordered is Malabrigo Lace in the shade Paris Night. Malabrigo is not available anywhere near where I live so it is exciting to think I have access to such a wonderful yarn. The only problem that I had was wondering what colour yarn to order and that I couldn't fondle and squish the yarn with my hands. A small price to pay!


Now for pattern ideas..

Cheers,
Lynda

2 comments:

  1. Yay it arrived! Such a pretty, deep navy. Exactly like I would imagine how a midnight sky in Paris would look from a little cafe table near the Seine... sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! I do love ordering my mail. It is like getting a Christmas present when it arrives. I can just imagine the squishy loveliness.

    ReplyDelete