Monday, May 9, 2011

Knitting Update

There are a few projects on the needles at the moment but the two that I am most enjoying working on at the moment are the I Want You Shawl by Loredana Gianferri and the Mitered Crosses Blanket by Kay Gardiner. Firstly I am working on the shawl in the beautiful Malabrigo Lace colour Azul Bolita 80 (thankyou again Erin) and I have just started the lace section.



Isn't the colour so rich and vibrant. I love it. The pattern is easy to follow and stitch counts at the end of each row are great so you don't lose what row you are up to working.

I put this shawl on hold momentarily while I worked a square or two on the Mitered Crosses Blanket. The blanket calls for Noro Silk Garden yarn which is extremely expensive and rarely available in my area so I looked for a cheaper yarn that I thought would be a good substitute.  The yarn I chose is Moda Vera Bouvardia for the contrast colour in pink and Moda Vera Pure Wool in warm white for the background colour. I am  happy with both these yarns and the first square knitted up well. I needed to test how much yarn one complete square would take so I could be confident that I wouldn't run out of yarn part way through the blanket.


This is straight off the needles so blocking will improve the shape. I'm coming up to a strange looking brown in this yarn. With the darker brown and grey it may well look passable but I'll see how it knits up and I might even cut a little of it out. We'll see how it goes!

That's it for now. Back to the gorgeous blue shawl because I could do with it wrapped around my neck on these cold Autumn mornings.

Cheers,
Lynda



2 comments:

  1. The square looks terrific! And the Moda Vera was an excellent choice - the shades and gradations are just like Noro. I like the white, too, very soft and complimentary (and would stay white for about two seconds in my house).

    The blue, of course, is gorgeous - I like the texture of the shawl. Can't wait to see the lace portion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice updates! I love them both! I think that the warm brown shade will set off the rose shades nicely myself. Seriously cool pattern.

    ReplyDelete