Thursday, April 28, 2011

The other side of the coin..

The mess to clean up after a party because it means I have been surrounded by friends.

The taxes to pay because it means that I am employed.

The clothes that fit a little too snug because it means I have enough to eat.

My shadow who watches me work because it means I am out in the sunshine.

The spot I find at the far end of the parking lot because it means I am capable of walking.

All the complaining I hear about our government because it means we have freedom of speech.

The piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby.

The lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.

My huge heating bill because it means that I am warm.

Weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day because it means that I have been productive.

The alarm that goes off in the early morning hours because it means that I am alive.

I am thankful for you because it means that I am loved.

This was in a school publication and didn't state who the author was but it made me stop and give thanks for my life just the way it is - what about you?

Cheers,
Lynda



  

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that is a good one. There is always a reason to be grateful and thankful. Thanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, good stuff. May I add:

    Stupid Customers, because it means business is good.

    ReplyDelete