Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Autumn speaks loudly

"Come said the wind to
the leaves one day,
Come o're the meadows
and we will play.
Put on your dresses
scarlet and gold,
For summer is gone
and the days grow cold."


This is one of the oldest streets in our neighbourhood. The elm trees were planted in 1901 to mark Federation. Some early mornings before the traffic starts and the leaves have blown from the road it reminds me of the yellow brick road and I wish I was off to see the wizard instead of the monotonous school trip!
 





There is a sense of comfort being tucked up warm inside and looking out at the golden leaves so warm in colour contrasting with the bleak and overcast drizzly day. I don't want to dance in the rain today, I am happy with the solitude and comfort of my own company where I will sip coffee and dunk biscuits in my own private cafe and I will pick a chair with a view to the garden. My soul is resting.

Cheers,
Lynda   

 

1 comment:

  1. Me too, my soul want to rest in your cafe and watch the leaves slowly fall.

    ReplyDelete