Thursday, January 31, 2013

Downton Abbey MKAL Update

One gauntlet down, one to go. Clue 4 saw us add the feather and fan lace border at the top and so finish the right hand gauntlet except for what is to be done with the eyelet holes running up the side. I guess that will be up to us to decide what we want to put there be it ribbon, icord, twisted cord or some other creative thread that laces up the side. For now I tried a silver maroon ribbon and a fine twisted cord from the same yarn running up the side.  I like both but for wearability I will use the twisted cord. For a mystery project I am very happy with the design. I would actually wear these.

 
 
 
 
 
I'm a little way into the second gauntlet and should have it finished soon. I'm loving everything grey so these will be a favourite when Winter rolls around.
 
Cheers,
Lynda 

2 comments: