Monday, January 30, 2012

Tree carvings

We don't always take the time to appreciate what is in our own local neighbourhood, do we? When taking Shannon to work last evening we drove past the local Basketball Stadium and couldn't resist taking some photos of the tree carvings. These tree carvings line a local suburban street and although they look out of place in the street setting they also strangely fit in with the environment. They are mostly native flora and fauna and are carved from old dead or dangerous cypress tree trunks that would otherwise have been removed completely. The greyed weathered look is very appealling.







I wonder what strange things I'll find around the neighbourhood today.

Cheers,
Lynda

1 comment:

  1. Those are so cool! I love the curling ones - I can't decide if they remind me of plants or octopuses... the castle is amazing.

    ReplyDelete