Monday, April 18, 2011

Over the Helix Cowl

This is going to become a favourite this Winter. You can't go wrong if you are using Noro colours. They blend beautifully. The pattern is Over the Helix Cowl by Terry Ann Hagerman. I've never knitted with this technique before but I can tell you it was very enjoyable to work. It grows slowly because of the stitch but is super easy and so effective.  I chose a black yarn to highlight the Noro Silk Garden yarn and I love the finished look. It has a woven rather then knitted look and the fabric is quite firm.  It is reversible too so I get two different looks. I don't know which side I like the best, both of them equally I think.




I intend making another one of these with a light contrast yarn and of course Noro Silk Garden.

Cheers,
Lynda

4 comments:

  1. Oooh! Gorgeous! Oh, and the cowl too. Your hair looks terrific in these photos - that vacation must have done you some good! I love the look of the black and Noro together - and just in time for cooler weather on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you lovely, Lynda! You look awesome, and the cowl is super pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) thank you ladies but I think I look a little like Pinocchio's sister!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the laugh Lynda. I have always hated my profile. Hee!

    ReplyDelete