Tuesday, March 1, 2011

“Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree” Emily Bronte

The cool, foggy mornings have arrived and the mist lingers longer on the mountain but there is not an Autumn leaf in sight. Autumn, my equal favourite season with Spring, has arrived. It seems for the most part that Summer skipped Melbourne this year and the Spring rains are merging into Autumn showers. The garden would usually be dry and withered off and the lawns a prickly expanse of golden brown. We had some hot days but not many and the lawns are still lush and green and the garden is looking pretty as a picture. So today, in celebration of the first day of Autumn, I will share with you an artwork inspired by this season. It was made by Ben and represents Autumn leaves blowing in the wind. It is made of wire and glass. The sun hasn't managed to break through the clouds today even though it tried hard so the fiery colours of gold through reds are not so apparent in the photos.




Cheers,
Lynda

2 comments:

  1. Gosh - those kids of yours do it all! So artistic! It's a beautiful piece - perfect in your gorgeous garden. I hope my kids enjoy using their creativity as much as yours! Tell Ben he's totally cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is totally cool. I'll bet that is gorgeous with the light shining through. You get a little piece of the falling leaves all year long. I think that you are rather lucky entering fall without the dry desert of summer ever darkening your step, though I know it is because of the dramatic weather that has been all around you. But OH, I love the green.

    ReplyDelete