Monday, February 28, 2011

Yay! It's finished



The Augustine Shawlette by Valdis Vrang is finished. I loved knitting this pattern but it did have its ups and downs along the way. I don't know why I picked 6mm needles to work this because they were a size and a bit too large but it looks passable given that the whole shawlette has a rustic charm. It is a simple and satisfying knit and I think it looks great worked in the beautiful colours of the Noro Kureyon Sock yarn. See for yourself.


The next picture is for you Katie. The mirror is an artwork that Jeff made in his studio art classes at school and as I went to crop the photo I knew that you would like to see the mirror. He made it all entirely from recycled materials and there was a lot of design work that went into the ideas for the embossing. Every square has something significant to Jeff. His theme for the year's art was 'Me, myself, I' and was represented by 3 separate artworks. The mirror was a take on a self portrait showing the reflected image of Jeff.  It is large and heavy and sits on the floor, propped against the wall. I particularly like art leaning against walls instead of hanging so this piece is a great addition to the small hallway that has become its home. 




Cheers,
Lynda

2 comments:

  1. I think it turned out lovely. So glad you kept going. The mirror is fabulous. Self portraits are particularly challenging, I think. This one must have ben great fun. I love mirrors. As Erin will attest, I have them ALL over the house. My solution to a small house. I'll bet this one gives your hallway a sense of space like a trompe d'oeil. I do wish I could see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - it turned out great! I wrap mine around and tied the ends together at the back of my neck - works a treat. The mirror is awesome - you have such talented kids! I bet I know who they take after in the creativity department!

    ReplyDelete