Monday, January 3, 2011

Shawl Collared Cowl

The knitting project I am working on at the moment is the Shawl Collared Cowl by Alana Dakos. It's a very simple and easy to follow pattern and I think the roll back collar will be just the thing to add an extra layer of warm when the weather turns cool. The yarn is Tiziana by Moda Vera an inexpensive mostly acrylic yarn but it is one of the better ones. It feels good to knit with and I like the colour so even though I prefer natural fibres sometimes I am just as happy with acrylics. It must be the 18% wool in it that makes the difference.


This is my first project finished but not started in 2011. It is a pattern that went wrong when I misread the yarn over instructions and put them in the wrong place. It sat at the bottom of the UFO basket for a long time because I didn't want to rip it out and I had to come to terms with the fact that I made a stupid mistake.   Nevertheless it evolved into a comfy cowl and only you and I know it was a mistake! It bears no resemblance to the original pattern whatsoever but who cares.  The yarn is uber gorgeous. It is Jo Sharp Silk Road Aran and the colour is one of my favourites but I do like them all. 

The knitting year has started well, lets hope it continues that way!

Cheers,
Lynda 

2 comments:

  1. Both excellent colors - I'm knitting something in blue myself. Small world! I love the second cowl - it wasn't a mistake, but a happy accident!

    ReplyDelete