Sunday, November 14, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME



to ME


Yes it was my birthday yesterday as most of you know, except of course if you are my husband who seems to have forgotten my special day! Were my hints too subtle perhaps! :)
Nonetheless the day was a good one with  family and friends spoilling me with gifts and kind words. Thank you everyone, it is much appreciated and made me feel loved.

It is a day tinged with sadness as it is sandwiched between mum and dad's anniversaries which occur on the 12th and 16th and although it doesn't take an anniversary for me to think of them they are especially in my thoughts at this time of year. Time passes but they are forever in my heart.

Oh yarn how I love you! My birthday present to myself was a trip to the yarn store today where I think I have managed to find some worsted weight yarn for a pretty cowl. I'll have to check it on Ravelry because I have been wrong before but I am hopeful that I got it right this time. Why is worsted weight yarn so hard to find in Oz? I was so excited about finding yarn for the cowl that I completely forgot about the wonderful sock pattern that also uses worsted weight yarn. Grrr!


Heartfelt thanks to my blog pals and best friends  Erin and Katie for your birthday wishes. You made me very happy and the day extra special  :)
Love you ladies xox


Cheers,
Lynda

No comments:

Post a Comment