Saturday, August 21, 2010

FEDERAL ELECTION 2010

In a democratic Australia I am very happy to have cast my vote in the 2010 Federal Election today. It's been a rocky road in politics lately and sitting here watching the vote counting on TV it is too close to call the winner. Will Australians elect in a general election their first female Prime Minister or will there be a change in Government for the next term.  At this stage we know that Australians have used their vote to demonstrate we don't like back stabbers, huge mining taxes and Anna Bligh but we do care about the environment. I know definitely what I am hoping for and I think I will be happy when victory is announced be it tonight or in a few days time when postal and absentee votes are taken into account! The winner on these election days is democracy.
Cheers,
Lynda

1 comment: