Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A SAD POEM

While cleaning out my daughter's old school books I came across this poem that she wrote for an English class. It is an original poem, heartfelt and true about a love lost. It is posted here with her permission as she knows only my two favourite Americans will read it.

Love is Gone

People say I’m crazy
my mind is sort of hazy.
Every time I think of you
I’m feeling kind of blue.

I can’t help how I feel
it all seems so unreal.
Today you went away
how I pray for yesterday.

And friends we’d be forever
our love nothing could sever.
But there are teardrops in my eye
and all I can do is cry.

For you are so much more
than the poster on the door.
In my heart you’ll always be
the only one for me.

Cherished memories deep inside
my love it’s hard to hide.
The photographs are in a tin
does anyone know the love within.

I’ll smile again some other day
but for now there’s a price to pay.
I lost my friend and my heart cried
The day you died.

By Shanny

On a brighter note I will leave you with a quote
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass... it's about learning how to dance in the rain!"
Cheers,
Lynda

2 comments:

  1. There is nothing more heartfelt than a teenager's poetry. Watch out, Katie - Maddie will be next! I think I will really enjoy meeting Shan someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is true we never feel so MUCH as when we are teens. Maddie is for sure going to be a poetry writer. Thanks for sharing Shan!

    ReplyDelete