Friday, February 26, 2010

THE BESTEST KINDA DAY

Today has been one of those days! You know the days where everything just seems to be perfect. Yes absolutely, positively, incomprehensibly perfect. To start with its Friday and that of course is Kaylee's day to visit. The weekend is all but here and we all love the weekends don't we? It usually doesn't need to get any better than that but today did get better. I had a long chat with my sister who lives overseas in New Zealand. Not unusual as it is something we do often but I always love to speak with her and catch up with all her news. We had Tara and Corey pop in for a surprise visit in the afternoon - that's always fun. It's Jeff day off today so he did the school run - fabulous!! I don't have to cook dinner tonight either. Now I'm thinking it can't get better than that - could it!! Well yes it can.

There was a knock on the door and a nice lady handed me a parcel.





A parcel, I don't get parcels!! Well not very often anyway. When I saw my name on the front I started to get excited and then when I saw who it was from my heart went flitter flutter and I could hardly contain the excitement. Yes Katie, this parcel is from you! How come I didn't know anything about this? (Where's my friend Erin when I need her?) It really did come as such a surprise to receive a present all the way from the United States. Let me show you what my present, or should I say presents are ...



How beautiful is this? I love it. The colour is gorgeous and the fabric soft and feminine. It will be a favourite piece that I wear often.

And this....

Isn't it just spectacular. The photo, pretty as it is, does not do it justice. There is so much knitting in this. I can't imagine how many stitches are in the ruffle section. The yarn is the softest, most beautiful yarn in the most divine colour. I love everything about it. So much time and effort went into this that I feel somewhat embarrassed. I can hardly wait for the cooler weather when I will wrap it around my shoulders and feel snug and comforted.


Thankyou is such a little word. It doesn't sound enough to match the joy in my heart. I am so thrilled and surprised with your gift. You have made my perfect day even more perfect than I could have dreamed possible.

Thankyou Katie, you are one special lady. Love you heaps.

Cheers,
Lynda

2 comments:

  1. Hurray! It came! I've been biting my tongue for days waiting to see what was in the package. See, I knew it was coming, but I hadn't seen what was in it!!! Love the card - so cute. Surprise packages are the best! She's so sweet, isn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOO excited that you got it. I have been biting my own tongue as well. I wanted it to be a BIG surprise like the one I had myownself, not so very long ago!

    ReplyDelete