Sunday, July 1, 2012

Little Entrelac Bag

One of the many things I love about Winter is the need to feel warm and cosy. One of my favourite ways to find that warmth is sitting on the sofa with hubby snoring softly beside me, fire blazing, the lifestyle channel playing on the TV and a good knitting project click clacking on the needles. I spent a couple of hours on Saturday enjoying just that.  The weather has been so cold this weekend. I didn't want to venture outside so it was the right time to try the technique of entrelac that I have longed to attempt for some time now.  The pattern I used is Little Entrelac Bags by Susan Lawrence. It was much more straightforward than I expected. The instructions were very clear and in hardly any time at all I could see the little rectangles taking shape.  The whole project was finished in less than a  couple of hours. The yarn I used was Noro Iro. This sachet looks so rustic in the Noro yarn and the changing colours worked well with the pattern. I think I will attempt a shawl using this technique. It's rather addictive.


Cheers,
Lynda

1 comment:

  1. That did turn out cute! Of course, now I want to know what the title of the book it's sitting on is...

    ReplyDelete