Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Dishcloth

One day this week I was caught out at the last minute when Shannon told me she had a short day which meant I had to wait for her to finish her classes instead of dropping her off and driving home. With seconds to spare before we left home I grabbed a bag of mixed yarn, some needles and a folder of patterns  so I would have something to make while I waited. I had recently finished the fingerless mitts I was knitting so I hoped there would be something suitable in the yarn bag for a new project.

I had a pattern I recently printed off and some cotton yarn and nearly the right size needles. I improvised a place marker and cast on for the Mitered Ballband Dishcloth by Suzanne deSalme. Sitting in the car parked in the campus carpark while the rain poured down I began my first dishcloth! I was a little annoyed when classes finished and I had to stop knitting.


This dishcloth is now a few rows from being finished. I think I could be hooked on dishcloths. This is a lovely, interesting pattern to knit.

Cheers,
Lynda

1 comment: