Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Not the Natural Winter Kit Cowl

What to do with bulky weight Noro Iro? This is a difficult yarn to use. The colours are so appealling but it's expensive yarn so I only bought one skein  with the thought of making a cowl. I chose the Natural Winter Kit from Pickles but after the first round I made a mistake with the pattern and decided to continue on regardless as I had knitted too much to pull back and start again. The pattern was looking  ok, slightly different to the original pattern, but I liked it. Now it is finished I'm not sure about the stitch. It looks very much like a dropped stitch but of course it isn't. I like the thick columns though.


I've made this the right side and left the loops for the back.


It's long enough to wrap twice around the neck. Time will tell if I frog, gift or keep this one.

Cheers,
Lynda

1 comment: