Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Guernsey Wrap by Jared Flood

With  lovely, sunny, 30C temperatures the last few days it is hard to think it will soon be cold enough to wear this wrap. It's sitting folded on the bed end cupboard so I can admire it even if I can't wear it at this very moment.  I chose a Patons Australia Wool Tweed DK in a red/purple colour for this project. I had the yarn in my stash waiting for the perfect pattern and the Guernsey Wrap was the perfect pattern. I had just the right amount of this yarn too. Can you imagine that - it was meant to be! The textures suit the tweed wool and together they give the wrap a country but classy feel. Yes, Erin, I am going to strut around town in this wrap.

 

This was a pleasure to knit and is one of those feel good projects. Can't wait to wear it!

Cheers,
Lynda

3 comments:

  1. You'll be swanning about, throwing your wrap in a casual yet elegant way about your shoulders - there'll be no living with you! :) It looks gorgeous - perfect color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Still giggling over Erin's picture in my head. Imagining you swanning, Lynda! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my, that is just DIVINE! The colour and texture of the yarn is a perfect match to the pattern. You'll be so proud wearing that - I would be!

    ReplyDelete