Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Ross made

I must admit that I am a collector of things. I find it difficult to part with sentimental pieces that bring back wonderful memories. It is usually the things of no value to anyone else that I want to keep and I am often in trouble from the family for the silly little items that I treasure. 

While I was out shopping I found some really cute scented wooden disks and as soon as I saw them I knew I had the perfect place for them.



This small rustic pottery dish was made by Ross years ago. I could never part with it because it was the first Mother's Day gift that he made for me at school. I loved it then and I still love it all these years on. I've used it as a candle holder and a trinket dish and just as an ornament in the cabinet. I love the gaudy colours, blotchy paint job and the quirky wee legs.

Isn't it just the perfect dish for this wooden pot pourri.  

Cheers,
Lynda


2 comments:

  1. So awesome! Looks like something you'd pay top dollar for at one of those "rustic-chic" type stores!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking the same thing! Anthropologie would totally have this.

    ReplyDelete