Saturday, November 12, 2011

Oh heart, if one should say to you that the soul perishes like the body, answer that the flower withers, but the seed remains. ~Kahlil Gibran

This time of year is always tinged with sadness. I visited the grave of my parents a few days back and although the day was wet and dreary there was a calm and peaceful atmosphere as I walked through the cemetery and it was uplifting and refreshing to walk in the light rain. In the stillness I felt very close to them both. Time stood still for a short while, memories of happy times flooded back to me and then with a tear in my eye it was time to face reality and leave.

I couldn't help but think that mum and dad would be at peace resting in the quietness and shade of the old trees - just how they wanted it to be.



If tears could build a stairway,
And memories a lane,
I'd walk right up to Heaven
And bring you home again.
~Author Unknown

♥
Lynda



No comments:

Post a Comment