Saturday, August 20, 2011

Cladonia by Kirsten Kapur

I finally got through the long and time consuming picot bind off on the Cladonia and I can cross one more project off the to finish list. The bind off took a long time to finish compared to a standard bind off but it suits the shawl and gives a lovely soft and feminine look to the shawl edge. The body of the shawl was a breeze to make. I had a couple of issues with the lace section but they were due to little fingers and knitting not mixing and my fickle decisions on the colour for the lace and edging.




Spring is in the air!

In the end I chose grey for the lace and I think it looks great. I seem to be loving black and grey lately. 

Cheers,
Lynda 

3 comments:

  1. It looks terrific! So worth pushing ahead and finishing up. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO beautiful. Black and grey--what a great combination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is lovely. I love how it is old-fashioned and very modern at once.

    ReplyDelete