Sunday, July 10, 2011

Finished Baby Booties

Here they are! In my opinion simply gorgeous.



I used the brown colour run from a scrap of Noro Kureyon Sock yarn to do the double crochet (sc in American terms) around the edges and I love the texture and slight contrast that it gives to the booties.  It's great to have another lovely project finished but it won't be long before another pair of these are on the needles. The designer, Julia Noskova, has a gorgeous girly pair of booties that I think I will start next.

It's a bitterly cold weekend here in the outskirts of Melbourne so I've been indoors indulging in the enjoyment of yesterday's baking - trying to stop at one but that is impossible. 



Jeff and Kimberley have braved the cold and drizzling rain to go to the footy to see Kim's beloved Carlton play the Western Bulldogs at Etihad Stadium. It's an evening match so it is going to be cold! I would rather be tucked up warm inside. I did make a quick dash in the rain to cut some daphne flowers because they smell soo.. good - natures own air freshener.



All in all a very laid back, cozy and restful weekend spent doing not much at all.

Cheers,
Lynda

1 comment: