Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Cladonia

One of the projects that I have been working on is the Cladonia by Kirsten Kapur. The pattern is an enjoyable knit and at one point I was up to  the bind off row. When I picked the knitting up again to begin the bind off I noticed a yarn over in the wrong place which made a small but noticeable hole and I knew it was there so I decided to rip back to fix the mistake. It was easily done and I was happy that I had to knit just a couple of rows to the bind off. Wrong! When I went to get the Cladonia to work on late today this is what I found lying on my bed.


A little someone had decided to help. I'm not sure if she was trying to knit or copy me fixing the mistake but all the stitches were off the needles and several rows were pulled out. The only thing to do was to keep ripping back to the beginning of the black lace portion and start again. It was easier to start over than try and determine where all the yarn overs were supposed to be and now that I have all the stitches back on the needle I can laugh about it. I think the lesson here is don't let kids see you doing something unless you want them to do it too!

Cheers,
Lynda

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! Ha ha ha ha! Sorry to laugh, but it's happened to me, too! They're so well-meaning, aren't they? Just like my little colonnade. Oh gosh. Glad you got it back on track! Can't wait to see the finished product...

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOu guys are such fast knitters that you can laugh. I think that I would cry. I almost teared up just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete