Monday, March 14, 2011

A Very Braidy Cowl

This cowl is A Very Braidy Cowl by Maryse Roudier and the yarn I chose for this project is Moda Vera Fauna. I love the muted greys and off white in this yarn. It reminds me of the winter skies during an electrical thunder storm. The wide cables give this project a soft, squishy look and suit the texture of yarn as well. It was super easy and quick to knit up and the effect is gorgeous.

I wish I had done the provisional cast on and grafted the ends together for a better finish but the seam is fairly well hidden by the cables squishing up when the cowl is being worn and overall I don't mind the seam. Actually I think I like the seam better than having to do the Kitchener Stitch!

Cheers,
Lynda

2 comments:

  1. This really did turn out great - just a terrific effect with the variegated yarn and it looks perfectly squishy. It's on my short list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love. It does look like stormy skies, even softer and stormier than my own soft gray cowl, which I just adore wearing.

    ReplyDelete