Thursday, January 6, 2011

Many Thanks Erin


This is a tiny peep at the lovely artwork that was sent to me from my friend Erin. It is always a thrill and a surprise to receive mail from overseas. Erin wears a lot of caps - wife, mother, writer, artist, knitter, quilter, all round crafter and more and she is excellent at all her rolls. Her talents astound me.

Each artwork inspires the viewer in different ways and provokes a variety of meaning and responses dependent upon the viewer. This piece has special significance for me as it is picture perfect in my mind's eye of a very special place. That wasn't the original intention at the time it was completed but I think we agree Erin that this rambling garden and quaint cottage sits proudly in the pages of a book.

I love everything about this piece. The subject, the colours, the light and shade, the tiny little squiggles. There is so much to look at in this artwork. When I look at it I can see the flower petals falling and the leaves swaying in the breeze and I am charmed by the ever so slightly door ajar that says welcome, come on in.  

Thankyou Erin for the artwork, photos, kind words and friendship. I'll treasure them always.

Cheers,
Lynda

2 comments:

  1. It takes an awesome lady to recognize another - so fun to see the little painting in a frame! I knew it belonged down there. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little piece of Erin, at home in Australia. Isn't the painting lovely? I do love the movement and the coziness of the space.

    ReplyDelete