Thursday, October 21, 2010

LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT.



I love it! The Clockwork by Stephen West is just fabulous. It is a must knit project. Go on, get the pattern and knit it. I love all of his patterns but this is one I can't wait to try in other colours. I love that it is long, I love that it is striking in its use of bold lines and I love it knitted in the black and grey. The cleverly placed increases give gentle shaping to the design. This is a pattern that is easily memorised and can be picked up at any time to work a few rows here and there. It is a quick and simple project to make but took me longer because it had to share time with another love - The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. Thanks Erin for recommending these books.  I'm onto the second book, City of Ashes, and I am enjoying every page!

Mmm what colour will I do the next Clockwork in or should I buy another one of his patterns...oooh the dilemma. It is a nice dilemma to have isn't it!

Cheers,
Lynda

2 comments:

  1. A very nice dilemma! It really is a terrific knit - I love yours! I wonder if my Brother-in-law would like one for Christmas?? Hmmmm... And I especially love the photos of your garden - those daisies are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it sooooo much! And it love the name. Steampunk makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete