Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Crafting Update

I've spent far too much of my days wasting time lately so today I dug through the unfinished projects basket with the hope of finishing off some of these lovely patterns. To my horror I found more than I expected (this isn't all of them). I am determined to knit along as fast as I can to finish them.


These little shoes by Ysolda are so sweet. I had trouble with the pattern in the first instance which put me off somewhat but after knitting one of them it was clearer what she meant with the icord at the start. I love the construction of the strap and will use this method on other things. These only need the kitchener stitch to finish off the bottoms. That is a good enough reason to leave them in the bottom of the basket, right?

Then there is the Not A Drop scarf that I started recently. I've done a lot of this one and I am very happy with the pattern. It will look so much better when it is blocked to show off the drops. This pattern knits up fairly fast.


The call to cast on new projects is always strong so here is my latest cast on to show you. It is Clockwork by Stephen West and, as is usual with all his patterns, it is absolutely beautiful. I have chosen black and grey yarn for the stripes mainly because it is difficult to get thinner yarn here and there wasn't many colours to choose from. I didn't want to wait any longer to start this pattern so black and grey it is!  I am a big black, white, grey fan so I am happy with this striking combination. As you know it is Spring here so I have heaps of time to finish off the scarves etc before the next chill sets in. Dare I cast on anything else before these are finished. Probably!


Of course there are lots more in the basket but who's counting!
Cheers,
Lynda
   

No comments:

Post a Comment