Monday, July 19, 2010

MORE BIRTHDAYS

It's birthday week again! Marnie, Ross and Kaylee are all celebrating birthdays in July. It's been busy with the lead up to Marnie's fancy dress party. Parties with a theme seem to be all the rage at the moment with Disney parties being very popular amongst all ages. Marnie chose to dress up as the Queen of Hearts. At least this time she gave me a couple of weeks to prepare the costume. Mostly it was easy to make and we only had a couple of mishaps like running out of the gold sequins around the hemline with only a couple of inches to go. A trip to the store at the last minute fixed that.



Kaylee's birthday might prove more difficult as she put in her birthday request for a real pink pony with a curly horn and silver wings. She was being very helpful because she did add if I couldn't find a real live pink one then a purple one would do! Pegasus and a unicorn - she wants a hybrid!

Cheers,

Lynda

2 comments:

  1. The costume is fab - what can I say? I'm totally impressed. Marnie looks great. I'm sure she must have had fun ordering everyone's heads off! Happy Birthday Marnie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is super fab! Love it! In this neck of the woods we don't get too many dress up parties, but for Halloween we are all thinking in Burton this year. My friend Maria wants to be the Mad Hatter, her daughter, Alice, and me... I want to cover myself strategically with swaths of brocade, and lace, stick a twisted tree on my head, and call myself a Tim Burton Movie!

    ReplyDelete