Monday, June 7, 2010

CROCHET SLIPPERS

Not much has been happening in the knitting and projects department since finishing the Citron and Krtek. I needed a project that I could finish quickly to keep the motivation going and these slippers fit the bill perfectly. They are not finished yet but I do have one slipper completed to show you. The pattern is from the Holiday Knitting & Crochet Book and the yarn is Sports Support 8 ply in plum. The yarn is 50% wool and 50% acrylic which I think will be a good mix for wear and tear and washing purposes.
The construction is 4 granny squares that are crocheted together so there is no needle and thread seaming involved with these little beauties. Hopefully the pair will be done by tonight.

Cheers,

Lynda

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I like! Good color, too. I could see myself in a pair of those, sitting up at the lodge at Timberline beside the giant fireplace, reading a good book and nibbling on buttered toast. How about you, Katie? Where would you wear them??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good question, Erin. (best reporter voice) I want to run on the beach in my bare feet with my toes in the cold water. The, when I am utterly spent, I will walk up the path to my little beach cottage, rinse off my toes, and sink my feet into those comfy slips. I will breathe deep and smell the salty air coming in through the windows, and listen to the utter silence of the house.

    I think we are longing for some silence.

    ReplyDelete