Monday, June 21, 2010

ANYONE GOT THE TRAVEL BUG?

I have a mission this week. Hopefully I can encourage JJ to part with his hard earned money and come to the beautiful land down under with the family for a well deserved taste of rest and relaxation. I have a little idea of what might grab his attention but I am open for suggestions and I am sure I will find something to fit the bill!

1000 Steps

For the fit and energetic the 1000 Steps in the Ferntree Gully National Park is a fabulous walk/run for those who love hiking in the bush. It is a memorial to the Australians who died along the Kakoda Trail in Papua New Guinea during World War II. It begins in Ferntree Gully and follows winding tracks and steep inclines to end at the One Tree Hill Picnic Ground where you can sit and rest and marvel at your achievement of finally reaching the top. The total track covers approximately 5 kms and takes around 2 hours to complete the hike. The 1000 Steps is just one of many trails. It is not an easy task by any means, many fail but imagine your elation when you finish this trek. There are many other walking tracks to follow varying in the time needed and fitness levels required and all of them provide a beautiful setting of rainforest, native flora and fauna to keep you interested. I can smell the eucalyptus trees.

1000 Steps Ferntree Gully National Park

Paddy's Track in Sherbrooke Forest

How did I do today? Interested yet!

Cheers ,

Lynda

3 comments:

  1. JJ says he's getting tempted...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job, Lynda! More, more! You'll have us all chomping at the bit to be off before long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well it is only day 1. I have more up my sleeve. Lol, I'm directing my efforts at JJ cause I think he will be the hardest to crack but you know Katie I am expecting you to take a long trip one day too.

    ReplyDelete