Monday, April 5, 2010

SURPRISES ARE JUST THE BEST

At last there is a new knitting project on the go. This project is the Citron by Hilary Smith Callis, an awesome pattern and a fun and interesting knit with the contrasting ruched and smooth strips radiating out. It is coming along nicely and for a fine yarn this project is knittting up quite quickly. BUT I have to take a step back and start at the beginning. I've looked at this pattern since it first appeared and have been inspired by many others that I have seen and admired. All of my favourites used the gorgeous Malabrigo Yarn Lace and I searched everywhere for it but couldn't find any. Then an unexpected package arrived from the US and it contained a skein of the sort after Malabrigo Yarn Lace in the perfect shade of mauve, so fine and delicate, it made my heart jump! I had to cast on immediately and of course I did.

The pattern is easy to follow and the yarn a delight to knit with. The light, soft, delicate yarn like gossamer is perfect.

And now for the best bit thank you Erin for being the best friend I could possibly wish for. I hope I can do the pattern and yarn justice and that you like my Citron as much as I love your stunning blue Citron. This project is very special to me.

Cheers,

Lynda

2 comments:

  1. You're so welcome, Lynda! This citron will be every bit as beautiful as mine - I hope you get years of good feelings from wearing it. Like a special hug every time you put it on. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete