Monday, April 26, 2010

THE CITRON designed by Hilary Smith Callis



My fabulous Citron is finished just in time for the Melbourne autumn weather. It looks so spectacular knitted in the Malabrigo Lace yarn. The yarn is perfect for the project and I have to thank Erin again for her thoughfulness in sending it to me all the way from the U.S.

The fine, delicate yarn shows off the plain and ruched layers so well. I love everything about this yarn. The colour is the most beautiful pinkish mauve and the texture is so soft.

The pattern is fun and interesting to knit and I although I want to wear it I would have loved to keep knitting this for ages. Can you tell how much I love it??
Cheers,
Lynda

3 comments:

  1. It looks so great! Maybe we'll have to make more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is pretty in the tree, and pretty in the grass, and pretty hanging from the mirror, and pretty draped across the table...

    ReplyDelete